Every seller/film maker/producer and buyer/distributor/exhibitor/investor acknowledge and agree that an investment made in movie production, distribution, marketing and/or exhibition involves a high degree of risk, regardless of whether such investment is direct or through any trading platform like us formed for the purposes of investment/trade/production/marketing/distribution/exhibition categories. You as a seller and/or buyer acknowledge and agree that using this website and trading online is at your sole risk and do not held moovicart.com responsible for any losses or damages.
Loss of sellers/producers/distributors/buyers/Investors entire investment is possible and can easily occur. Moreover, the timing of any return on investment is highly uncertain. Sophisticated and/or Accredited Buyers, Sellers, Film Makers, Distributors, exhibitors and/or General Investors, Wannabe distributors must understand the risk of investing in Movies, including the high likelihood of loss in case of movie failure, movies unreleased, movies not sold, movies not distributed (domestic or overseas), movies with no proper marketing and any other scenarios.
The Movie market is highly competitive and the percentage of movies that survive and prosper is very small in number. Movie investments often experience unexpected problems during various stages like script, production, post production, censorship, distribution, exhibition, marketing, financing and general management among others, which frequently cannot be solved. In addition, Movie Production, Distribution, Exhibition, Marketing may require substantial amounts of financing, which may not be available through institutional private placements, the public markets or otherwise.
Some of the many specific risks and losses faced by such Investments include:
- 1) Rapidly changing consumer/audience behaviour or interests towards movies.
- 2) Audience pre release ratings on movie details
- 3) Bad/ineffective content (story)
- 4) Movies not achieving the minimum booking criteria which is 10 single shows and/or 10 weekly shows per movie.
- 5) Movies that may quickly become obsolete; due to delays occurred in releasing the movie in cinemas/theaters.
- 6) Inability of the movies to attract any or enough buyer/s.
- 7) Inability of the movies to attract audience.
- 8) Non availability of free dates of cast and crew for movie production.
- 9) Unnecessary delays in completing the movie on time; due to various reasons like technical, financial, non availability of cast/crew, legal, superstitious, logistics, weather conditions, other uncertainties which are out of our control.
- 10) Delays in completing a movie due to potential conflicts between management and cast/crew.
- 11) The possibility of lawsuits related to intellectual property of third parties.
- 12) The possibility of other legal issues related to Production Company, management or third party.
- 13) Other legal issues or lawsuits whatsoever related to movie, movie business.
- 14) Online and Offline Piracy of movies.
- 15) Age restricted movie content
- 16) Censorship issues restricting the film/s release.
- 17) Sensitive scenes picturised which restricts film/s release by governments
- 18) Non availability of cinema/theater screens.
- 19) Minimum screening or distribution criteria
- 20) Film Selection criteria
- 21) Inability to release the movie in cinemas/theaters
- 22) Cancellations from buyers/distributors
- 23) Inability to collect box office collections/returns from cinemas/theatres on time or at all
- 24) Receiving poor quality of movie content
- 25) Loss due to sale of tickets at discounted/promotional prices and loyalty cards at cinemas
- 26) Withdrawal of content from moovicart.com with or without any notice by the film maker/producer.
- 27)Film maker/producer not clearing dues with cast & crew, production services and/or financiers investment on time.
- 28) Rapidly changing producer’s/film maker’s sentiments and preferences with regards to story, cast and crew, days, dates which are generally perceived as risky.
- 29) Recent and future changes in technology, services and standards.
- 30) Delays occurred in releasing the movie on time due to various reasons like technical, financial, non availability of cinema/theatre screens, legal, logistics, superstitious, weather conditions, other uncertainties which are out of our control.
- 31) Frequent changes in releasing dates which in turn affects the availability of cinema screens requested.
- 32) Producer/Production house not submitting the content on time or at all to moovicart.com
- 33) Producer/Production house not submitting the KDM’s on time or at all to moovicart.com
- 34) Exposure to government regulation, making these investments susceptible to changes in government policy and delays or failures in securing censorship approvals.
- 35) Loss of investment due to censorship rating in various countries.
- 36) Loss of investment due to poor public talk, movie ratings, movie reviews, other statistics that affects the movie overall business.
- 37) Content not reaching cinemas on time for whatever the reason might be.
- 38) The past performance of a movie based on combination of director, producer, lead actors, cast/crew, technical staff, title/name, days, dates are not predictive of a movie’s future results. There can be no assurance that targeted results will be achieved. Loss of principal is possible, and even likely, on any given investment.
- 39) It is enormously difficult to determine profit values for any movie produced/distributed/exhibited. In addition to the difficulty of determining the magnitude of the risks applicable to a given movie and the likelihood that a given movie will be a success.
- 40) The Investor/buyer/distributor/exhibitor may not be able to obtain all information it would requested regarding a particular movie, on a timely basis or at all. It is possible that the Investor/buyer/distributor may not be aware on a timely basis of material adverse changes that have occurred with respect to story, crew/cast and release dates as well as other uncertainties.
- 41) Certain information regarding the movies will be highly confidential. Competitors may benefit from such information if it is ever made public and that could result in adverse economic consequences to the Investors.
- 42) Changes or instability in foreign exchange rates.
- 43) Blocked funds in certain countries.
- 44) Technical faults in the website(moovicart.com)
- 45) Inability to deliver the content to cinemas on time
- 46) Other risks and uncertainties which may or may not be specifically discussed in materials provided to Investors/buyers/distributors/exhibitors.
Risks associated with Online Payments
- 1.eCommerce is a virtual market place where buyers and sellers do transactions without meeting each other. It collects payments from buyers in turn take services of third party payment gateways that work as intermediary between buyer and his/her bank. Ultimately money has to be taken from buyer’s bank account and paid to the seller. Buyer gives his/her debit/credit card details to complete the transactions.
- 2.Your payment will normally reach the moovicart bank account within 3-5 working days (including Saturdays and Sundays). We cannot accept any liability for delayed payments.
- 3.We cannot accept liability for payments being recorded on the wrong account if you supply inaccurate information and we cannot guarantee to reallocate any such payments if they arise.
- 4.We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason. You need to contact your bank or credit/debit card supplier in such cases.
- 5.We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage, arising directly or indirectly, as a result of a payment being refused or declined.
- 6.If your credit/debit card supplier declines payment, the moovicart is under no
obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank and/or
credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- 7.In no event will the moovicart be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of your use, your inability to use, your negligence, or the results of your use of our website/mobile-app/services, your use or inability to use the third party payment gateway, any other websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 8.We cannot accept liability for any transactional failures due to power/electricity loss, poor internet connections, due to session timeouts and any other technical reasons.
- 9.If you are purchasing/booking from outside the United Kingdom you will be charged in your own currency and the banks will perform the currency conversion into US dollars. In addition your bank or credit/debit card supplier will deduct service fee/conversion fee or any other additional fees.
- 10.Confirmation of your payment will be displayed on screen once it has been authorised and accepted. You will also receive confirmation of the transaction to the email address you have provided.
- 11.The data that you provide during online payment transactions is securely held by our payment gateway provider under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment and for accounting processes.
- 12.We strongly recommend all customers to be aware of following before making any transactions in moovicart.com
- risks associated with online payments